Ratings and Reviews
I REALLY wanted to like this coat but I just don't.
• I LOVE the color combo (I got the royal blue and yellow). I think it looks nice and offers a high level of visibility.
* It has LOTS of pockets. Like you could probably pack for a weeks vacation just by filling your coat pockets. And I particularly like the pocket that is designed for the radio although I didn't get as far as actually trying it out.
* It seems durable and sturdy
* It is pretty warm and cozy. I wore it for my evening dog walk on a cool day and I was quite comfy. It's the wrong time of the year (June!) to test out it's COLD weather ability but I think it would pass with flying colors.
The bad things:
* The FIT. Oh my goodness the fit. (I ordered the medium for reference and I'm 5'9", 180# chest = 36, waist = 33, and my hips = 44. I provide this so you have a good reference for how this might fit you since the size charts are basically useless for things like this!) First off I get the impression that this coat is cut for services that either wear body armor (which considering that the vast majority of EMS and fire companies don't wear body armor I find that to be disappointing in a coat design aimed at EMS and fire! Perhaps those agencies that do could buy police coats?) or perhaps it is cut for people who have HUGE bellies and/or chests. I mean this is a guys coat and I'm female and even with my boobs existing there is enough space in the top of this coat to hide my jump kit in there I think! But before you go deciding to just order a smaller size...
* Again! The Fit! The very bottom of the coat was pretty snug around my hips. I'm not sure that a smaller size would end up fitting around (I may try exchanging the coat and seeing if the fit is better but I have my doubts!). I've worn parkas before so I'm familiar with the fact that they often are a bit snug fit near the bottom but this one left me thinking that ANY woman is probably not going to fit into it well (I mean I have hips but not crazy wide ones or anything!) and even any guy that carries ANYTHING on his belt may have issues.
* Third: The fit. The arms are HUGE around. I don't have tiny petite arms (Most women's clothing doesn't fit my arms because I've got a bit of muscle that apparently isn't accounted for) but the sleeves are big enough I could have fit BOTH my arms inside one sleeve without trouble. Unless you are one of those folks that works out until your upper arms are the size of most people's thighs I just don't see you filling up the sleeves. And the sleeves are long too. So unless I cinched the wrist strap down pretty darn snug it was pushing out onto my hands and would just end up getting nasty and worn out super quickly and being annoying.
*And it's pretty heavy. I'm ok with that but just know that this coat is NOT lightweight in the slightest.
So yeah. Pretty disappointed. And when I tried on just the liner it looked like I was wearing a large or even an extra large, the sleeves don't have any adjustable wrist closure so the sleeves were dangling everywhere and although part of the chest has a smooth exterior most of the jacket was just fuzzy fleece. Living where I do that would get FULL of grass seeds, brush, dog hair, etc in no time. I'd prefer a smooth exterior to the liner personally. But that is something I could live without if the rest of the coat had fit nicely.
Purchased for father-inlaw. Keeps to keep him warm and visible while walking the dog.
You can wash it a few times only, and still have to be in delicates and it's not enough for hard stains, however it's mazing during the winter feels like summer inside.
Bought this parka for my outdoor endeavors. It is perfect with the hi-visibility and for those cool mornings in the woods. So glad there are vents and lots of pockets. Really enjoying this parka a lot.
This is a fantastic Parka. I've used it in the dead of winter as a First Responder and it's performed very well.
The radio pocket is small and has given me fits. I'd like to see pen holders on the sleeves as well.
I'm almost certain that vertical reflective taping would make this a Class 3 shell, and would like to see that incorporated later on.
Easy to care for. Easy to clean. Comfortable to wear. No movement restrictions for me at all.
Highly recommend this parka.
good if stationary way too hot if working. size smaller way too small
I just got this, and I've spent the day wearing the fleece. I won't repeat all the pluses of good quality and construction, and I haven't gotten it wet yet. I wanted to talk about the fleece, cause there's no pictures or description of it, and drop some notes about sizing.
The fleece is dark navy, and has four pockets: two handwarmer zip pockets, and two chest pockets with vertical velcro closures by the zipper. If you have any experience with 5.11 jackets or shirts, you know how these work. The pockets are very roomy. The fleece itself is warm and cozy. It zips into the jacket, and has snaps at the ends of the sleeves and the collar to keep it in place. The cuffs are a bit annoying; they are simple elastic, and as the jacket is a bit long in the arm, they don't do a great job of keeping the sleeve off my hands. But they'll do. The jacket is a nice quality soft fleece, with nylon reinforcement on the forearm/elbow area and the chest. I wish the fleece had pen holder pockets somewhere, like their job shirts.; pens get lost in the vertical chest pocket. Otherwise, this would be PERFECT.
The jacket is excellent, we'll see how it handles work. For sizing info, I'm 5'6", 155 pounds. I wear a 38 in a suit coat, and the Small fits me pretty well. It's not a slim fit, more like an athletic fit. Room to move, but not so much that it gets in the way. I'd highly recommend ordering a size down.
The jacket is not suitable for police patrol use. It does not have a badge tab nor does it have side slits to allow it to clear a holster, radio etc. Pleanty of pockets,and even a name tag holder, but no badge tab?? I returned the item.
Received this parka as part of a work incentive (300 calls on the ambulance.) Obviously it stands out in any light, especially daylight, I can only describe the color as "Nuclear Green". The first day I wore it was a fairly warm day that wasn't too hot/cold, I put the coat on when we were at a vehicle accident and was almost overheating with it open and the underarm vents open, mind you, this was just the outer layer.
In all, so far a nice addition to my kit.
This jacket got me thru the winter and spring. Without the insulation it is a bit big. But for the cold wet weather A great jacket.