I am in active duty in the army and I am planning to stay so I am always looking for gear that is making my life a little bit better and easier in the service. Therefore I bought these glasses and I am wearing them almost every day.
By far the best Wiley X designed or manufactured glasses I've owned.
I've been using them for a year or so. So far I have noticed a few things.
1) They are Z87+, which means they are more durable and protective than your average tactical glasses.
2) Really lightweight and the thinnest lenses I've seen on Z87 glasses. Similar Wiley X or ESS glasses had twice the weight and twice the thickness for lenses and because of that twice the chance to get bent broken.
3) Really clear sight. I am somewhat sensitive if the glasses distort the image in any way. You can really forget that these glasses are on you since there is no distortion at all on any of the lenses.
1) I can't really wear them with active hearing protectors or use different headsets inside APC-s and so on. The frame is too thick around the ears. It feels like they are slowly crushing my skull when wearing full size headphones.
2) Price and the fact, that you can't order separate lenses - my clear and smoked lenses have some scratches on them and as I said, I'm really sensitive when it comes to the clearness of my vision.
The fogging really depends on the way you use them. You can actually release the lenses form the top of the frme and it will give you "vents" and it helps a lot. Also, people whine about fogging don't probably know how to take care of their tactical lenses. The glasses are firstly tactical, then maybe something else.
After a year of owning them there are no big signs of wear apart from some cratches on the lenses. The nose piece tends to collect quite a bit of sweat but if you wash them regularly during the hot season, then everything should be OK.
I would recommend those glasses for police use, maybe even for for firefighters, also for members in the service who don't get involved with full size headphones that much.
It took me some effort for the initial removal of the nose piece for change of lenses, crack appeared at the joint of the rubber and the plastic after the removal. Ain't cheap of an Eye Pro for Malaysia yet the quality is questionable...
Work and everyday wear.
Not comfortable at all. I got these to ware at work and wile I was waring them with my bike helmet they were ok, but they can't really be worn with a ball cap. They look and feel like shop glesses.
Ok, So these glasses fog horribly, couldn't see after a mile into a ruck march, gave them a second chance at the range, same problem, couldn't see anything! I threw them away and put my other Eye Pro back on, Sorry 5.11, your clothes are amazing, your Eye Pro is not.
I work security at an amusement park. I love having the ability to change lenses. The field of vision on these shades is great. The only problem I have is that the rubber on the nose piece and frames is deteriorating. I expected quality for the large amount of money I paid on a 5.11 product. I am disappointed.
Great set of glasses. These survived accidentally being ground into the mud by a 60,000lb Tender truck. The only con I have found is the rubber around the nose piece, and on the tips of the frame wear away very quickly.
I am not very impressed with these. They fit well and lens change is easy, but they are bulky and heavy. They remind me of the safety glasses that I had to wear when I was in high school shop class. The biggest down fall though is the size of the nose piece, it is so big that it is always in my vision and is just plain annoying.
One of the best pair of sunglasses I have ever owned
No obstruction of vision or glare. Lightweight and durable. The extra lenses make these excelent for everday, duty, and range use.
Displaying 1 - 10 of 13