Product Safety and Usage Information
Updated: March 3, 2023
Knives & Bladed Tools
- We are proud to say that our knives and bladed tools are sharp! So be careful when unsheathing and handling them.
- Use two hands when unsheathing a knife or bladed tool; do not attempt to unsheathe a knife or bladed tool with one hand.
- If the knife or bladed tool seems to be stuck, STOP! and don’t attempt to “force it.” Instead, contact 5.11 Customer Service.
- Do not leave a knife or bladed tool unattended when open or unsheathed.
- Do not permit children to use or play with the knife or bladed tool.
- Knives and bladed tools are meant to cut; don’t use them to pry, hammer, etc.
- Click here to learn more about safe knife usage: https://www.akti.org/education/
Protective & Water-Resistant Footwear
- Footwear featuring safety toes has been tested to ASTM 2413-18, CSA Z195 and EN ISO 20345 standard.
- Waterproof footwear has been tested to ASTM 2413-18 and EN ISO 20345/20347 standard
- Blood Borne-Pathogen Resistant footwear has been tested to ASTM F 1671-13
- Footwear featuring puncture-resistant midsoles has been tested to ASTM 2413-18, CSA Z195 and EN ISO 20345/20347 standard
- Footwear featuring slip-resistant outsoles has been tested to ASTM 2413-18 and EN ISO 20345/20347 standard.
- For further details regarding these standards, click here: https://www.511tactical.com/eu-declaration-of-conformity
- Even though a specific footwear style has been tested to a particular standard, the footwear might not provide protection against hazards or situations that differ from those encompassed by these standards.
Our certified gloves have been tested to meet one or more of the applicable standards below. Please note that the applicable standard(s) that our certified gloves meet vary depending on the 5.11 style number and the intended use of the gloves.
- EN ISO 21420
- EN 511
- An independent laboratory has tested this product and has found that the materials provide passing results when tested in accordance with ASTM F 1671, Standard Test Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to Penetration by Blood-Borne Pathogens.
- It is important to note, however, that, even though product materials may satisfy the standards of ASTM F 1671, it might not provide an adequate barrier to viruses in all conditions and our products will not protect the wearer from all blood-borne pathogens and viruses under all conditions.
No Melt No Drip (NMND) Materials
- An independent laboratory has tested this material and has found that the material is not melting and dripping when tested in accordance with Flammability Test (ASTM D6413/D6413M-15).
- It is important to note that NMND does NOT mean that these materials offer fire resistance or retardant protections.
Certified Hi-Vis Garments
- An independent laboratory has tested the material used in the product and has found that the materials provide passing results for chromaticity when tested in accordance with ANSI/ISEA 107-2020 Standard Test Method.
- It is further evaluated for Type and Class based on ANSI/ISEA 107 standard.
Certified EN343 Garments for Rain Protection
- An independent laboratory has tested the material and the full garment for the level of rain protection the garment can provide, in accordance with EN343 Rain Protection standard.
- A link to a more detailed User Guide is embedded in applicable styles.