This Privacy Notice for Prospective Employees (“Privacy Notice”) describes what personal data is processed by 5.11, Inc. and its affiliates (“5.11” or “we”) regarding job applicants and potential candidates for employment at 5.11. It describes the information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it, how long we store it, and what rights and obligations you have as an applicant.
Our Contact Information:
1360 Reynolds Ave. Suite: 100 Irvine, CA 92614
Data protection officer: email@example.com
Information That We Collect About You:
This Privacy Notice applies to any candidate data that is collected by 5.11 for recruiting purposes. This may include but is not limited to the following information:
1. Your name, contact details and candidate status;
2. Information included in your resume or cover letter, such as employment history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and questionnaire results;
3. Job preferences and type of employment sought, willingness to relocate;
4. Names and contact details of referees (please note that it is your responsibility to obtain consent from your referees prior to providing us personal information about them); and
5. Current and historic salary (excluding California prospective employees) details together with salary expectations.
5.11 may collect data directly from you or from third parties such as your referees and employment background check providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
In addition, during the recruitment process we might ask you to attend an interview and information will be generated by you and by us during the interview process such as interview notes.
The Purposes and Legal Basis for the Processing:
Your personal data is processed for the purposes of managing 5.11’s recruitment-related activities. Consequently, 5.11 may use personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants as needed in the recruitment process, including final recruitment. In particular, your data may be processed for the following purposes:
1. Determining your qualifications for employment and reaching a recruitment decision;
2. Evaluating your suitability for other employment vacancies;
3. Verifying the data, you submit and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable);
4. Informing you, via e-mail, or otherwise about the progress of your application for employment with 5.11;
5. Protecting our rights and fulfilling our legal obligations; and
6. Informing you, via e-mail, or otherwise about other local vacancies at 5.11 that we consider you suitable to make an application of employment for.
Should your application for employment be successful, your personal data submitted for hiring purposes may be processed for the necessary employment purposes and included in your employment file.
If 5.11 does not employ you, 5.11 may (subject to your relevant consent) nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider you for new positions.
5.11 processes the information generated throughout the assessment and communication process on the basis of legitimate interest for recruitment and business-management purposes. These include identifying and evaluating candidates for new 5.11 positions, record-keeping related to hiring processes, and analyzing the hiring process and outcomes. If 5.11 does not employ you, we may continue to retain and use, based on consent, your personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider you for new positions.
Recipients of Your Personal Data:
Only selected employees of 5.11, such as management team members, potential future line managers or HR staff, and selected third parties who support us with the recruitment process, have access to your personal data. Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be supplied to any third party without your explicit authorization.
We use a third-party service provider, UlitPro, to provide and support our recruiting software system. For more information about UltiPro, please see https://www.ultimatesoftware.com/UltiPro-Services
. When needed for technical support and maintenance, employees of UltiPro might have limited access to your data.
We maintain processes designed to ensure that any processing of personal data by third-party service providers is consistent with this Privacy Notice and protects the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your personal data. Where required by law, we put in place legal mechanisms designed to ensure adequate data protection of your personal data.
The Storage Period:
Your personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the recruitment process. Therefore, unsuccessful application data without consent to contact you for other positions, will be deleted after two (2) years, taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
In addition to using your data for the position for which you have applied, 5.11 may retain and use your application data to consider you for other positions, but only with your explicit consent for a maximum period of two (2) years. If after this period, we feel it necessary to retain your records, we will contact to you.
Regardless, you may always ask 5.11 to delete your data by sending your request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application has been successful and you are hired, the corresponding application data may be used in connection with your employment consistent with data protection policies.
Your Rights as A Data Subject:
You have the following rights under the CCPA, subject to the applicable statutory limitations:
1. Request access to information that 5.11 holds about you;
2. Request to delete information that 5.11 holds about you;
3. Restrict the use of your personal data;
4. Receive your personal data;
5. Object to the processing of your personal data;
6. Withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data; and
7. File a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority.