These pants are real comfortable no matter if your standing, walking, sitting down or crouching. Also perfect "pant match" for work. also real durable.
great pants but the button keep un snapping. no matter what size you wear. poor button snaps
I think they would be the greatest pants, but the button snap keeps un snapping when bending over, sitting. they come unsnapped which is a very bad disappointment.
I bought size M as I wear a size 32 in every pair of jeans and shorts I own. They are too small. I had to wear them unbuttoned because the snapping button would pop open everytime I bent over or sat down. Will be buying the same pair in the next size up because other than the size chart being a bit off, they are amazing pants.
I really like the style and workmanship on the pants. My only negative comment is I wear a 34" waist and 32"-34"M pant fits very tight at the waist. I would have gotten a size larger but there is no 34"-36" option. Another reviewer stated he cut the elastic waist band to get a more comfortable fit and I will probably end up trying that.
I own 3 pair. I can carry everything i need being a safety officer in IDPA from 12+ 1911 mags, AR mags, Timer, Pasting tape, loose ammo, Water, First aid supplies etc. I have owned for 4 years and abused these pants. They are very durable and 100+ degree days they are a life saver. Like every other 5.11 products they are worth the money. Best tactical pants there is hands down. Every 5.11 product i own is unmatched by any other product.
I ordered these online via the AAFES/5.11 portal, so unless you can verify those purchases with this account this won't show up as a Verified Buyer.
I use them as a uniform option but will use them as needed with civilian clothes.
Things that are great:
- They seem to be made out of titanium because they are incredibly durable. I really like the full-sized cargo pockets which were lacking on the Tactical Pants I was using until I decided to try these.
Things that aren't so great:
- They seem to be sized a bit small as compared to the Tactical Pants I own of the same size; unfortunately neither the PX or NEX I normally shop at carry the TDU line so there was no way to try on for size before buying; there is a 5.11 store nearby but they were out of my size in everything. Fortunately they do fit so I won't have to return them.
- I don't like the "exposed" elastic waistband; I prefer the waistband of the Tactical Pants instead, not a deal-breaker just an opinion. With the waistband fully extended the hand pockets show the inside rough stitching that's normally hidden. Suggestion would be to go a little deeper with the pants material before attaching the pocket will eliminate this problem.
- The back pockets are a bit shallow, again not like the Tactical Pants, or actual BDUs. Suggestion would be to make them deeper, at least deep enough to put your hands in thereby being able to hold a regular pair of knuckle-buster gloves.
- Don't need the blousing straps and would prefer just to have the eyelets like the Tactical Pants to have the option of using paracord or bootbands.
In closing, these are very good pants and I highly recommend them.
I purchased the medium(31.5-35 inches)waist.Overall its a great pair of pants except it restricts flexibility on waist and thighs/ Compared to size 32 stryke pants series and taclite which are for me the most comfortable and breathable tactical pants I used.
These pants are tough as nails, versatile, and comfortable. I use them for outdoors (hiking, camping, off-roading), long-haul air travel, dress use, and motorcycling. I've had falls and road-skids in them: never met a situation they couldn't handle! Good pockets, too - fit passports, phones, tools, smokes, beers, knives, whatever.
Love these pants. They last forever and the color never fades. I wear them every day at work and the first pair that I purchased lasted me the better part a decade. The only complaint I have is that the velcor tabs in the pockets is too small. When I place my notebook in the cargo pocket, the pockets dont stay closed when i move around or sit down. Increasing the size of the velco by even 1/4" would likley stop this problem.