Ratings and Reviews
I really like the style and workmanship on the pants. My only negative comment is I wear a 34" waist and 32"-34"M pant fits very tight at the waist. I would have gotten a size larger but there is no 34"-36" option. Another reviewer stated he cut the elastic waist band to get a more comfortable fit and I will probably end up trying that.
I own 3 pair. I can carry everything i need being a safety officer in IDPA from 12+ 1911 mags, AR mags, Timer, Pasting tape, loose ammo, Water, First aid supplies etc. I have owned for 4 years and abused these pants. They are very durable and 100+ degree days they are a life saver. Like every other 5.11 products they are worth the money. Best tactical pants there is hands down. Every 5.11 product i own is unmatched by any other product.
I ordered these online via the AAFES/5.11 portal, so unless you can verify those purchases with this account this won't show up as a Verified Buyer.
I use them as a uniform option but will use them as needed with civilian clothes.
Things that are great:
- They seem to be made out of titanium because they are incredibly durable. I really like the full-sized cargo pockets which were lacking on the Tactical Pants I was using until I decided to try these.
Things that aren't so great:
- They seem to be sized a bit small as compared to the Tactical Pants I own of the same size; unfortunately neither the PX or NEX I normally shop at carry the TDU line so there was no way to try on for size before buying; there is a 5.11 store nearby but they were out of my size in everything. Fortunately they do fit so I won't have to return them.
- I don't like the "exposed" elastic waistband; I prefer the waistband of the Tactical Pants instead, not a deal-breaker just an opinion. With the waistband fully extended the hand pockets show the inside rough stitching that's normally hidden. Suggestion would be to go a little deeper with the pants material before attaching the pocket will eliminate this problem.
- The back pockets are a bit shallow, again not like the Tactical Pants, or actual BDUs. Suggestion would be to make them deeper, at least deep enough to put your hands in thereby being able to hold a regular pair of knuckle-buster gloves.
- Don't need the blousing straps and would prefer just to have the eyelets like the Tactical Pants to have the option of using paracord or bootbands.
In closing, these are very good pants and I highly recommend them.
I purchased the medium(31.5-35 inches)waist.Overall its a great pair of pants except it restricts flexibility on waist and thighs/ Compared to size 32 stryke pants series and taclite which are for me the most comfortable and breathable tactical pants I used.
Love these pants. They last forever and the color never fades. I wear them every day at work and the first pair that I purchased lasted me the better part a decade. The only complaint I have is that the velcor tabs in the pockets is too small. When I place my notebook in the cargo pocket, the pockets dont stay closed when i move around or sit down. Increasing the size of the velco by even 1/4" would likley stop this problem.
These pants are tough as nails, versatile, and comfortable. I use them for outdoors (hiking, camping, off-roading), long-haul air travel, dress use, and motorcycling. I've had falls and road-skids in them: never met a situation they couldn't handle! Good pockets, too - fit passports, phones, tools, smokes, beers, knives, whatever.
I used to wear other types of pants similar to these but since I purchased from this company I'm sold ! fits great looks great durable and a good price, up here in the north we like tough dependable clothing and I agree these are worth every penny.
I have worn these pants, 1 pair, for over 6 years on the job. Visibly dirty or not, I wash them after every two uses.
My closet contains 5 additional pants, 2 5.11 pants of a different design, 2 big name pants of a similar design (more pockets, higher price, poor quality construction) and a generic BDU pant... The only time I have touched any of them over the last 5 years is when my 5.11 TDUs are in the wash.
I wear my 5.11 TDU pants with a polo at the office and with standard duty gear, to full tactical gear in the field. They look great and feel great to this day.
My only complaint would be that velcro pockets within the cargo pockets have worn through. Even so, I continue to wear the pants daily, and continue to use the pockets without a problem.
As an additional indication of how much I prefer these pants: When these pants were ordered by my CO as part of a bulk order, he ordered the wrong size. As a result, I had to cut off the elastic bands on the waistline in order to wear them. Wear them I did, and I will continue to do so until it is physically impossible.
I am ordering 3 more pairs of these pants today and still do not intend to retire this pair.
These pants are worth every cent and more.
They are by far the most durable BDU's that I have owened. Perfect fit and very comfortable. They are reinforced in all the right places.
However the brown is fading rather quick. Also they do not come with knee pads...which is a plus when searching.
Comfortable, good looking pants. I have not had mine long but I've heard only good things regarding the durability.