Frequently Asked Questions
United States Customers
How do I place an order?
Add desired items to shopping cart, once finished, click "Checkout”. If you wish to create an account for easier tracking of you order and to have information stored in our system for future orders, sign up with your e-mail address HERE. Billing and shipping information must be filled out and payment is entered at the bottom of the screen. When shipping to an APO or FPO, you will be directed to use UPS Sure Post as shipping method.
What are my payment options?
Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, PayPal Express Checkout or Affirm Payment Options
Can I use PayPal or Affirm with Buy Online Pick-up In Store (BOPIS) orders?
No, PayPal and Affirm are not valid payment methods for orders containing Buy Online Pick-up In Store items.
What is Buy Online Pick-up In Store (BOPIS)?
Buy Online Pick up in Store allows customers to place orders online and pick up their items at their local 5.11 retail store. BOPIS is available in most locations.
Buy Online Pickup in Store orders will be held for 48 hours.
Buy Online Pickup in Store returns over $500 must be submitted online, click here to begin your return.
When will my order arrive?
Following credit card authorization, orders using ground shipping will generally arrive within 7 to 10 business days (not including Saturday and Sunday). This allows for order processing time and shipment via UPS Ground
What shipping methods do you offer?
We ship UPS Ground and Sure Post only.
When is my card charged after I place my order?
Your card will not be charged until your items ship. Payment is authorized at checkout, but cards won't be charged until shipment. We do collect payment for Paypal and Affirm at checkout.
How do I check/track my order status?
You can track your order here using the order confirmation number and the email used to place the order.
How do I use a promotion code?
The promotion code must be entered at Checkout. On the left of the screen, click "Apply Discount Code". Enter the code exactly as given in the field. Then click "Apply Discount" to apply the coupon to your cart.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Following credit card authorization, orders using ground shipping will generally arrive within 7 to 10 business days (not including Saturday and Sunday). This allows for order processing time and shipment via UPS Ground.
What are your shipping rates?
|UPS Ground®||$9.95||(Free on orders of $99 or more) Typically takes 3-5 business days to process order for shipment.|
|UPS Sure Post||$9.95||This shipping method is only valid for APO and FPO addresses|
What is your return policy?
You may return your eligible merchandise to 5.11 for a refund or exchange within 90 days. Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded. Refunds will be applied to the original payment method used at time of purchase. If the original payment method is not available then a gift card will be issued for the return amount. Purchases made online at 511Tactical.com may also be returned at a 5.11-owned retail location so long as you provide proof of purchase. Please allow five to ten business days from receipt of your returned item(s) for your refund to post.
How do I begin an online Return or Exchange?
1. Click here to initiate a return.
2. Follow the steps on your return instructions.
How do I return or exchange a gift I received?
Gift items may be exchanged in-store only and store credit may be given if no receipt is available.
Why create an account?
To store information in our system for easier ordering in the future, and easier tracking of their order.
What is the phone number for Customer Service?
How do I check my gift card balance?
Click here to check your gift card balance, visit a 5.11 Tactical-owned retail store, or call Customer Service at (866) 451-1726.
5.11 Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise at any 5.11 Tactical-owned retail locations in the United States or online. Gift cards, both physical and digital, are only available to U.S. residents and are only redeemable in the U.S. Upon redemption, any unused balance will remain on the Gift Card for future purchases. Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. Safeguard Gift Cards as you would cash. Gift Cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen and no refunds or exchanges are available. Gift Cards have no expiration date.
How do I clean the taclite fabric?
Machine wash in cold water, inside out with mild detergent. Tumble dry on low.
How do I know my size?
Please visit our Product Sizing page to find the size chart you are looking for.
What widths are your boots?
Our boots come in regular (D) or wide (EE).
How do I clean my boots?
Suede Cleaning Directions
- To clean, use a rubber eraser to remove dirt and smudges. Then, brush lightly with a soft brush specifically for suede and nubuck products.
- If your shoes are muddy, wait for the mud to dry so you can more easily wipe this off before cleaning suede.
- Care should be taken to brush in the same direction. If you brush in different directions, some suedes will give the appearance of being two different colors.
- Never use a wire brush or polish on suede or nubuck. (Some suede brushes do have wire in the center, which is specifically made for use on suede).
- Follow up with a silicone spray for water and stain resistance.
SHIPPING TO A UPS ACCESS POINT
Ship to UPS Access Point is a service that allows customers to send their order to a nearby location as an alternative to home delivery. There are 22,000 locations across the U.S. including stores such as CVS, Michaels, and more neighborhood businesses!
How does it work?
- Select the Ship to UPS Access Point option during checkout.
- If you do not see this option during checkout, go back to the Shopping Cart screen and ensure "Ship it to Me" is selected (not "Pick up in Store").
- Search your area to see available locations near you, as well as view the location's operating hours.
- Enter pickup person information.
- Be sure to accurately enter pickup person information as shown on a government ID; you will need to bring a government ID to pick up your package.
- Once the order has been delivered to the UPS Access Point, you will receive an email notification that your package is ready for pickup.
- You will have 7 days to pick up your order. If you fail to pick up your order within 7 days of the date of delivery, the package will be returned to our warehouse and your order refunded.
- Go to the UPS Access Point location to pick up your package.
- Bring an ID that matches your name as entered in the Pick Up Contact section and your order confirmation information.
- NOTE: The UPS Access Point may be inside the store location; please ask the store associates where to pick up your package if you are unsure.
Benefits of using a UPS Access Point:
- More environmentally friendly than home delivery! Carrier trucks can deliver more packages in fewer stops.
- A more secure delivery option! This eliminates packages being stolen from outside of your home, chances of your packages being delivered to the wrong address and allows you more time to pick up your order at your convenience.
What if I have a question about my package?
Please reach out to UPS directly with any questions or concerns related to your package.